Property taxes are due March 31

Error message

  • Warning: array_merge(): Expected parameter 1 to be an array, bool given in _simpleads_render_ajax_template() (line 133 of /home/pdccourier/www/www/sites/all/modules/simpleads/includes/
  • Notice: Trying to get property 'settings' of non-object in _simpleads_adgroup_settings() (line 343 of /home/pdccourier/www/www/sites/all/modules/simpleads/includes/
  • Warning: array_merge(): Expected parameter 1 to be an array, bool given in _simpleads_render_ajax_template() (line 157 of /home/pdccourier/www/www/sites/all/modules/simpleads/includes/
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in include() (line 24 of /home/pdccourier/www/www/sites/all/modules/simpleads/templates/simpleads_ajax_call.tpl.php).

Linda Zuercher, Clayton County Treasurer, reminds property owners that the second half payment for property taxes is due Tuesday, March 31, 2015.  Penalties will start on April 1. To avoid the penalty, payments must be received by the end of the business day March 31 or have a March 31 postmark.

There are several payment options to choose from. You may pay in person at the Treasurer’s Office in the Courthouse or at the Driver’s License Station located in the County Office Building at 600 Gunder Road. The offices are open Monday through Friday   8:00 a.m.  -  4:30 p.m. Both locations will accept cash and checks for payments.

If you choose to use a debit card or a credit card to pay you must go to the courthouse. The Treasurer's office accepts several different cards including Discover, Master Card, American Express and Visa. There are additional fees when paying with a debit card or a credit card.

Online payments are accepted at   Electronic checks and Dwolla payments cost $0.30 per transaction. Additional fees are required for credit cards and debit cards used online. You may also renew your vehicle registrations on this site.

Property owners who are 65 years old and older or totally disabled may apply for a tax credit if your total income is less than $22,011. Applications for the tax credit are available in the office or online. Those with questions can call the office at 563-245-1807.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet